The process for accreditation to offer occupational qualifications is as follows.
1The prospective SDP must complete the online Application form and submit it to the QCTO.
Depending on the requirements in the Application form you may need to submit certain Annexures (your own company documents and the relevant QCTO documents. These MS-Word files are provided as downloads below for you to complete and attach to the online Application form.
a.) For a New application complete the entire form and submit ALL annexures - therefore you will need to download annexures E, G, H and J.
b.) For an Extension of Scope (for an accredited SDP applying for additional qualifications) complete the entire form and submit ALL annexures - therefore you will need to download annexures E, G, H and J.
c.) For an Amendment of Contact Details complete sections 1 & 2 and submit annexures A, B, C, D, I & J
Annexure E(Form 1) Annexure G(Form 2) Annexure H(Form 3) Annexure J(Form 4)
The prospective SDP must also provide the following supporting documents.
- Proof of juristic status, for example Company Registration Certificate
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate issued by South African Revenue Services (SARS) or evidence of exemption
- Provide proof of financial sustainability for the learning services applied for and throughout the accreditation period (eg Business Plan, Financial Surety, Audited Financial Statements)
- Valid Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, as applicable to the occupation
- Evidence of appropriately qualified facilitator(s) to deliver the Occupational Qualification [eg Comprehensive CV, Certified Copy of ID and qualification certificate(s)]
- Learner Appeal Policy and Code of Conduct
2Desktop evaluation: the QCTO evaluates the completed application and verifies the authenticity of the supporting documents. The QCTO communicates to the prospective SDP about the outcome of the desktop evaluation.
3If an application meets the evaluation requirements, the QCTO will propose a date for a site visit/programme delivery readiness visit; if not, a decline letter will be sent.
4Site visit: a QCTO verifier conducts a site visit on a specific date agreed upon between the QCTO and the prospective SDP to determine programme delivery readiness.
5Upon receipt of the evaluation report from the QCTO verifier, the application for accreditation will either be approved or declined. To this end, a letter will be sent to the SDP applicant confirming the outcome.
For enquiries regarding SDP accreditation, please email us at email@example.com.